Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tokyo





Here are a few pictures from Tokyo, which I visited with my parents the weekend before last. They arrived in Japan on Saturday and I took the train to meet them on Sunday. That day we went to dinner with my old host family in Tokyo and met their two current students, which was a lot of fun. The next day we mostly just walked around a few of my old favorite neighborhoods and enjoyed people-watching and window-shopping. The first two pictures are from Harajuku, a neighborhood that is popular with young people for great shopping (and is now very famous thanks to Gwen Stefani, I guess). The bottom picture is Shinjuku at night, which I like because it's got all the neon that people expect of Tokyo. That picture was taken in Kabuki-cho, Shinjuku's red-light district, though it doesn't feel as sketchy as other red-light districts I've seen (still, I wouldn't walk there along late at night)

After Tokyo my parents came back to my town, Fukuyama, and they did some sightseeing in the afternoons while I was at work. Then Monday we went to Kyoto along with my boyfriend, Mark, and I plan to post pictures from that little trip soon.

But that's it for now, thanks for reading!
Cate

No comments: