Tuesday, November 13, 2007

England and Scotland 1: Stonehenge



Hello! Mark and I just returned from two weeks in England and Scotland! We went sightseeing and met Mark's relatives, and it was a very busy two weeks so I'll post about it in a few installments.

Our very first day we went to Stonehenge, which was top on my list of things to see. There's a fence around it so you can't walk amongst the stones like you could years ago, but you can still get close enough, I think. It was very cold and cloudy when we were there, but that only added to the mysterious atmosphere. There was a free audio guide, so we learned a bit about the stones while we walked around. The most interesting thing I learned is that no one knows who actually put the stones up (all this time I thought it was the druids for some reason).

The first picture is the stones (I took a lot of shots, and this is the best one for showing the whole thing without too many tourists in the way) and the second is Mark and his dad (can you see how cold and windy it is?).

Thanks for reading, more soon!
Cate

1 comment:

Captain said...

i like the picture with the rocks and the one with the people. you have an eye for taking pictures of both rocks and people. this is your brother by the way, messaging you, i think, from my new blog, the sea captain's blog. arrrrr. how do we become blogspot friends? arrrrr.