Sunday, January 14, 2007

Advertising

One of the most popular ways to advertise in Japan is to pass out small tissue packets with little brochures inside or stapled to the packets. You get so many of these walking around that eventually you have to stop taking them or they'll take over your life. I really don't understand why stores here even sell tissues. Anyway, my company does this and our branch puts the pictures of its three foreign teachers on the little fliers that they pass out, which makes me feel like a celebrity. They also have our pictures on the sandwich-board sign that sits outside our building but the pictures are so dopey that I'm not particularly proud of that one. I took a picture of the sign that I will post on here when I get my internet access. Maybe if I work here long enough I'll make it into one of the brochures that they use all over the country so I can be famous all over Japan and not just in my little home.

Ok, I hope you enjoyed this little culture note. Oh, and this can serve as incentive for you all to visit me - you can stock up on kleenex!

Cate

1 comment:

Julia said...

what are the chances you'd be able to obtain a kleenex pack with your picture on it for my viewing pleasure? because if ANYTHING were to pleasure my viewing, that would be it.