Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Kurashiki





Kurashiki is a city about half an hour fom Fukuyama, where I live. It's famous for a small area of old buildings, willow trees and picturesque bridges around a nice canal. It's not a huge tourist attraction (we were the only foreign tourists, though there were big groups of Japanese tourists) but it's a nice place to spend an afternoon. There's a small art gallery with a nice little collection that was put together by a textile magnate named Ohara. Our favorite part of the museum was a small garden and a stream full of very hungry carp. There are many little stands selling fishfood for 100 yen a bag so we spent a nice few minutes feeding the fish.

The first two pictures up there are of the canal area and the third one is Mark standing in the garden behind the Ohara gallery.

Oh, and I have internet in my apartment now, so hopefully I'll be updating a lot more! Thanks for reading,
Cate

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Carp! I miss you, my Catelet.